Morbid Blog
Ok, this ‘exhibit’ is freaking me out.
It is coming to Boston and I want it to LEAVE ASAP.
I so don’t want to see it and want it as FAR AWAY from me as possible.
Then again I’m reading Stiff, which was lent to me... by a co-worker because of the aforementioned Body Works.
So right now I want to be cremated. I don’t care if a co-worker calls it the “ultimate selfishness”- which to me is the Walmarts, after making a billion dollars- not giving their employees heath care- or after the Waltons made maybe a billion EACH- they’re not giving their workers like a 50 cents an hour raise…. But I digress…
I really don’t like the idea of my liver going into someone whom I perhaps don’t think philosophically deserves another year to their life. I don’t like the idea of my body being put on displayed( like Body Worlds) and I don’t want med students figuring out how to do plastic surgery on my severed head( which was the first chapter of Stiff).
Call me selfish- but I want some dignity in death. To be frank, I think one of the coolest things done with the dead was when Marvel allowed Mark Gruenwald’s ashes to be mixed with ink to print a trade paperback of his favorite work.
I wouldn’t mind being planted with dignity but at this point I think I’d prefer a nice cremation… To be precise I’m thinking of getting shot into outer space ala James Doohan and Timothy Leary.
Sorry for the morbidness but again, Body Worlds is freaking me out… and I don’t want to be there in any way, shape or form.
It is coming to Boston and I want it to LEAVE ASAP.
I so don’t want to see it and want it as FAR AWAY from me as possible.
Then again I’m reading Stiff, which was lent to me... by a co-worker because of the aforementioned Body Works.
So right now I want to be cremated. I don’t care if a co-worker calls it the “ultimate selfishness”- which to me is the Walmarts, after making a billion dollars- not giving their employees heath care- or after the Waltons made maybe a billion EACH- they’re not giving their workers like a 50 cents an hour raise…. But I digress…
I really don’t like the idea of my liver going into someone whom I perhaps don’t think philosophically deserves another year to their life. I don’t like the idea of my body being put on displayed( like Body Worlds) and I don’t want med students figuring out how to do plastic surgery on my severed head( which was the first chapter of Stiff).
Call me selfish- but I want some dignity in death. To be frank, I think one of the coolest things done with the dead was when Marvel allowed Mark Gruenwald’s ashes to be mixed with ink to print a trade paperback of his favorite work.
I wouldn’t mind being planted with dignity but at this point I think I’d prefer a nice cremation… To be precise I’m thinking of getting shot into outer space ala James Doohan and Timothy Leary.
Sorry for the morbidness but again, Body Worlds is freaking me out… and I don’t want to be there in any way, shape or form.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home