Messages in Bottles

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Acheived Victory Conditions

Ok... I started with a draft of this blog entry when I read this morning from my mom..

I am not discussing anything with dad. I would like you to have x box,
have expressed my feelings, and was hoping you could/would expedite the
deal.
If not I will go to list again, and do whatever.
xxx mom


[ooc- my mom is triple x rated. 8-O ]

When I saw this I just rolled my eyes- I was like wtf? what had I done in a past life to deserve this?
I had tried to tell my mom I would love her without the x-box 360, that if she wanted to defray costs with my dad- well that was on her head, she could do that but I wouldn't broker the deal....
So I responded to the above letter- reminding her of my truncated list- with 5 items, and told her how to sift through my amazon wish list to filter it to show just books... and to put them in the order that I want them...( and I then put a few books on a higher proirity to bump them up the list)

I saved the draft but didn't blog it because I was unsure if I should continue to blog about my mom stealing SAN points from me for the holidays.

During the day I ended up talking to my father's current wife... I called her primarily because it was her birthday, but also because they had been nice enough to let me use their apartment for Thanksgiving. As they didn't normally let me or my bro use their apartment I felt it was important a) to be clean when I was there and b) be nice to them for a while. Amazon wish lists were mentioned- and I tried to earn bonus points by knowing that she had ONE item on her list. I'm then not sure if I was smart to drop the fact that the x-box 360 was on the list... On the one hand I was angling to let her and my dad know it was on the list and also let them know NOT to buy the games as I didn't have a 360.
On the other hand... well a friend pointed out that I don't want to give my dad's current wife ammo on my mom- letting her know that my mom was angling to get me or my dad to join monies with my mom to get the 360. Again I mentioned it because my mom was saying she wasn't going to get it for me... and I figured if I dropped a hint maybe they'd get it for me or team up with my mom.

I say in the above "... my mom was saying she wasn't going to get it for me...." because I came home tonight from dinner( with friends who told me not to give ammo to wife #3, and that as wife #3 was over 50- there might be a wife #4 out there).. I had a message from my mom. It seems that NOT ONLY did she not want to buy me 'a stupid dvd' but she also didn't want to buy me 'a stupid book' so she intends to bite the bullet and buy me the X-box 360.
She wants me to buy it from a brick and mortar store and try to get any sort of discount that I can. I intend to talk to a manager I know of a brick and mortar store tomorrow if I he can get me any sort of discount... esp. as I "treat him well" at the game( but I do that because he's a damn good customer).

So I think I have acheived victory conditions. Yes, as usual when I deal with my folks I lose precious SAN points BUT I think I've gotten a good value for them this time- an Xbox 360 AND since I didn't agree to pay for the darn thing, I think I'm off the hook... though will be willing to spot her taxes( which I wouldn't have to pay if she bought it on line with free shipping).

That said while I've taken the xbox 360 off my wish list; I'm not doing a true victory dance until I get a check from my mom covering the price of the Xbox 360.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home