Found Books
Ok first-
for the '08 book challange.
Book 2: Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
Book 3: Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Sadly I've put off writing a review about them... Shouldn't put these things off.
So will just say I've read them, Promise to read Adj's reviews of them this weekend and write my book reviews in a more timely fashion from now on.
Suffice to say I rather enjoyed Pullman's series and found it to be much better then the Harry Potter series.
Book 4- This is my Funniest 2 Edited by Mike Resnick.
This is the second collection Resnick has edited asking Science Fiction authors to share THEIR favorite funny story. Highlights included: Alan Dean Fosters’ Frankenstein V. Golem V. Effrit; David Drake’s story based on a Magic Card( who knew that Magic could be that funny); it had a couple of stories about people kissing frogs; The Day the Martels got Cable, was very dated but amusing story about a guy waiting for the cable guy.
Also I wanted to mention while cleaning I found a nice cache of books UNDER my bed; which included the Knowedge Web by James Burke, Inventing a Nation by Gore Vidal, Jewish Literacy by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin, Flywheel, Shyster and Flywheel( the Marx Brothers lost radio show) and my abnormal psych textbook. Some of these will be added to my list of books to read this year... but thought I'd share the books under my bed as I thought they make an interesting collection.
for the '08 book challange.
Book 2: Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
Book 3: Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Sadly I've put off writing a review about them... Shouldn't put these things off.
So will just say I've read them, Promise to read Adj's reviews of them this weekend and write my book reviews in a more timely fashion from now on.
Suffice to say I rather enjoyed Pullman's series and found it to be much better then the Harry Potter series.
Book 4- This is my Funniest 2 Edited by Mike Resnick.
This is the second collection Resnick has edited asking Science Fiction authors to share THEIR favorite funny story. Highlights included: Alan Dean Fosters’ Frankenstein V. Golem V. Effrit; David Drake’s story based on a Magic Card( who knew that Magic could be that funny); it had a couple of stories about people kissing frogs; The Day the Martels got Cable, was very dated but amusing story about a guy waiting for the cable guy.
Also I wanted to mention while cleaning I found a nice cache of books UNDER my bed; which included the Knowedge Web by James Burke, Inventing a Nation by Gore Vidal, Jewish Literacy by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin, Flywheel, Shyster and Flywheel( the Marx Brothers lost radio show) and my abnormal psych textbook. Some of these will be added to my list of books to read this year... but thought I'd share the books under my bed as I thought they make an interesting collection.
Labels: 50 book challenge


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home