Messages in Bottles

Monday, February 04, 2008

New Rule...


Ok... I came up with this rule about a week ago- but I keep breaking it.

The rule- NOT talking to my parents after 9pm. Currently I'm taking meds to help me sleep. As I've mentioned here before, I have problems relaxing and sleeping. So I'm taking a somewhat strong medication to help me sleep.
Last week I tried taking something else- and it got me on the side affects.

I answered the phone at 10pm last night because of the game. I had watched the bowl to 'bond' with the family.... as I didn't really care one way or the other. It was a pretty good game and I was prepared to discuss the game with my dad.

My dad however took this time to say HE wanted to talk to my therapist… And I was like WTF? Because the guy is suppose to be MY therapist- I’m going to him because right now I’m suffering from depression. And of course I’m more then a little worried that my dad is going to ‘high jack’ my therapist and tell him what WE should be going over. My social worker already complained about the amount of calls she got from my parents.
The second thing he brought up was the fact that I’ve been stressing about how dirty my place is. Which to be honest- I’m not stressing right now over how dirty it is- but how much my dad and my mom want me to CLEAN it. I want my focus to be to get a job and ‘get better’ but they seem to think that cleaning my apartment is MUCHO importantoto. So I’ve hired a service that should be here in about an hour to help me clean my bathroom and my kitchen. This is of course, STILL not enough for my dad. He felt that at 10 pm, he should tell me- as he knew I was hyperventilating yesterday morning, trying to get things ready for the cleaning service.
So to review- he knows that I’m having problems sleeping- and I’m taking meds for that; and he knows that I was stressing over my cleaning- so he suggests at 10PM that I take an hour each day and clean--- and I should be done in a month.
Yeah.
I felt a bit bad that a) I called back and told him NOT to upset me sooo late. I said I was sorry a bunch of time… but I really tried to tell him that 10pm wasn’t the time to talk about when he was or wasn’t going to talk to my therapist. And b) I reached for the sleeping med. I didn’t go to sleep right away- but I feel bad for using the pills as a crutch.

So again I’m going to try to stop answering the phone around 9pm.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home