Mantra?

Ok....
does anyone have a mantra that I could borrow?
It could be well worn... or new and shiney.
I don't care.
I just was on the T, and was wet and cranky.
And I couldn't find a happy place.
Or maybe I did.
I told myself- this too shall past, and things will get better.
So until someone gives me a better mantra I'm going to try and make - 'Things will get better' my mantra. I don't think it's me... but maybe I can make it fit.
Labels: mantra


5 Comments:
At 2/04/2008 10:01:00 PM,
Unknown said…
Mine is "I love my job"
At 2/05/2008 03:40:00 PM,
Aimee said…
I don't know that I'd call it a "mantra" but for me, it's the "Serenity Prayer". If I don't recite that in my head at least ten times during the course of a day, I consider the day abnormal.
At 2/07/2008 09:54:00 AM,
Drew said…
Evan- somehow I think that sounds like you're being 'ironic'
Aimee- is that the 'god grant me the strength to change what I can, the serenity to accept what I can't and the wisdom to know the diff?'
Just asking as not huge on prayers
At 2/07/2008 10:51:00 AM,
Aimee said…
Yes, it's...
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference."
At 2/07/2008 01:16:00 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Drew,
Sorry to hear that everything's not going well.
When I was at my worst, I would sit and do nothing, telling myself that at a particular time I would get up & do one particular task. I would focus everything on that one task. I survived a task at a time for several weeks, watching the clock between.
Now if I need to get through something I throw myself into it. Got to clean that damn shower? Only the shower exists & I'll clean a spot at a time until it's shiny.
Now I bake as meditation. Cooking is sometimes an adventure, sometimes a necessity, sometimes both. What can I cook using just what I have and have it not be a disaster type thing? (PB&J chicken...)
Sorry, no mantra. When life's an endurance sport, I lose my words.
Take care,
Denise
Post a Comment
<< Home