I listened to peppermenthe
( peppermenthe mentioned on my LJ that I shouldn't let my dad talk to my therapist in response to my Rules post)
So I got an email this am from my dad- he asked for my threpist's number again... saying he got it wrong or some such.
I read the letter and my first response was HELL NO! followed by a, perhaps it was FATE that made him lose the number.
I thought about answering the letter but put it off. I called my sister as she's been a BIG HELP about setting limits for my parents. I feel I've been calling her a bit too much but I'd rather call her then call my mom.
Especially as another new rule is I'm TRYING not to make fun of my dad or his current wife with my mom. I started that new rule because I didn't think it was right of me to 'gain points' with my mom by being mean to my dad's current wife- even if I do dislike the current wife...
I didn't tell my mom my 'new rule' of trying not to pick on the current wife... but I did tell her I didn't want us to pick on my dad because I don't want to be caught between the two of them anymore.
She seemed to understand this but at the same time, I rolled my eyes when I let slip a compliant about my dad and she pointed out what a one note wonder he is.
I had called my dad yesterday at 5pm, so I could relax after talking to him. My dad then brought up since it was NOT 10 PM if he could bring up the idea of me cleaning my apartment.... because even though I'm getting a service to help me clean( which my MOM is paying for) he's still big on me to clean.
I think that's why I didn't give my dad my therapist's number because if I can't trust him to respect MY boundaries in a normal conversation- how can I trust him with my therapist.
So I got an email this am from my dad- he asked for my threpist's number again... saying he got it wrong or some such.
I read the letter and my first response was HELL NO! followed by a, perhaps it was FATE that made him lose the number.
I thought about answering the letter but put it off. I called my sister as she's been a BIG HELP about setting limits for my parents. I feel I've been calling her a bit too much but I'd rather call her then call my mom.
Especially as another new rule is I'm TRYING not to make fun of my dad or his current wife with my mom. I started that new rule because I didn't think it was right of me to 'gain points' with my mom by being mean to my dad's current wife- even if I do dislike the current wife...
I didn't tell my mom my 'new rule' of trying not to pick on the current wife... but I did tell her I didn't want us to pick on my dad because I don't want to be caught between the two of them anymore.
She seemed to understand this but at the same time, I rolled my eyes when I let slip a compliant about my dad and she pointed out what a one note wonder he is.
I had called my dad yesterday at 5pm, so I could relax after talking to him. My dad then brought up since it was NOT 10 PM if he could bring up the idea of me cleaning my apartment.... because even though I'm getting a service to help me clean( which my MOM is paying for) he's still big on me to clean.
I think that's why I didn't give my dad my therapist's number because if I can't trust him to respect MY boundaries in a normal conversation- how can I trust him with my therapist.
Labels: Dad


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home