Visit ?
So after trying to make sure that I don't do anything to cause my landlord to come back and check at the 'cleanliness' of my place... I ended up calling him today.
See I had to change lightbulbs yesterday... and it was a pain because a) one of the bulbs screw bits broke off and stayed in the socket and b) I'm short and the bulbs are in the ceiling. I was able to change them BUT a friend had suggested I get one of those low powered wacky looking bulbs... stressing that I'd get a refund or a break on my bill... so I bought one today.
Things go ok, though I worry about screwing the bulb in and then I have to put the bulb cover back... The bulbs are covered by these glass circles( think fishbowl) that are kept in place by these metal clips/brackets. It's a pain in the tush to get the bowls just right and I was worried about slipping( standing on a phone book on a chair) and I fumbled the bowl... It cracked.
I called my landlord... He didn't respond so I left a message. I also cleaned up a bit more today...
And I did check the local hardware store to see if they had what I needed in stock- figuring if it was only a couple of bucks- I'd pay. Sadly they didn't... So I'm going to call my landlord again tomorrow and suggest that if they don't have extra light bowl fixtures that I just buy one from the hardware store and deduct it from my April rent.
( spellcheck note: it wanted me to change lightbulbs to lustfully. Likewise fishbowl wasn't accepted and was suggested fusible, visible and visibly instead. Nor was tush. And lastly it didn't like spellcheck as 1 word and suggested splices and splashes instead. goodness I really enjoy blog's spellcheck)
(broken light bulb note: the potato method( that of using a raw potato- pushing it into the socket to move the screw end of the bulb. However the plier method DID work. This entails getting pliars- putting them into the screwend, spreading the pliars out and then turning them to turn the screw end of the bulb. OH and turn the light socket OFF first ;-) )
Note: The handiman came on the 23rd- with the light covering. I thanked him and said I'd put it in myself.... He pointed out he had a ladder and wouldn't I like to use the ladder... I said thank you- and took the ladder. I put the glass light covering in myself with a nice BIG ladder and then gave it back. I was very glad that I was able to do it myself and keep him from nosing arround my appartment.
I also notice the difference between the 3 bulbs( regular old bulb, new bright 75 wt and new corkscrew low energy 60 watt deal)
See I had to change lightbulbs yesterday... and it was a pain because a) one of the bulbs screw bits broke off and stayed in the socket and b) I'm short and the bulbs are in the ceiling. I was able to change them BUT a friend had suggested I get one of those low powered wacky looking bulbs... stressing that I'd get a refund or a break on my bill... so I bought one today.
Things go ok, though I worry about screwing the bulb in and then I have to put the bulb cover back... The bulbs are covered by these glass circles( think fishbowl) that are kept in place by these metal clips/brackets. It's a pain in the tush to get the bowls just right and I was worried about slipping( standing on a phone book on a chair) and I fumbled the bowl... It cracked.
I called my landlord... He didn't respond so I left a message. I also cleaned up a bit more today...
And I did check the local hardware store to see if they had what I needed in stock- figuring if it was only a couple of bucks- I'd pay. Sadly they didn't... So I'm going to call my landlord again tomorrow and suggest that if they don't have extra light bowl fixtures that I just buy one from the hardware store and deduct it from my April rent.
( spellcheck note: it wanted me to change lightbulbs to lustfully. Likewise fishbowl wasn't accepted and was suggested fusible, visible and visibly instead. Nor was tush. And lastly it didn't like spellcheck as 1 word and suggested splices and splashes instead. goodness I really enjoy blog's spellcheck)
(broken light bulb note: the potato method( that of using a raw potato- pushing it into the socket to move the screw end of the bulb. However the plier method DID work. This entails getting pliars- putting them into the screwend, spreading the pliars out and then turning them to turn the screw end of the bulb. OH and turn the light socket OFF first ;-) )
Note: The handiman came on the 23rd- with the light covering. I thanked him and said I'd put it in myself.... He pointed out he had a ladder and wouldn't I like to use the ladder... I said thank you- and took the ladder. I put the glass light covering in myself with a nice BIG ladder and then gave it back. I was very glad that I was able to do it myself and keep him from nosing arround my appartment.
I also notice the difference between the 3 bulbs( regular old bulb, new bright 75 wt and new corkscrew low energy 60 watt deal)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home