Where's my hovercar???
My personal dreams have been pretty small. My father casts a large shadow, and all I really wanted was to be content in a job I found interesting. To have my own one or two bedroom condo... and to be able to take a few trips. And I haven't been able to even accomplish that in my life.
Last weekend I hit a patch of depression as I realized that in May right before my birthday- will be the 20th anniversary of my high school graduation. And all I have to show for that 20 years- two pieces of papers say I be educated and about 30lbs.
On Friday, I got a letter from Social Security. At first I thought it was about W.'s trying to strong arm me to change Social Security and blogged that on Good Mourning ealier today. I deleted that rant after I spoke with a couple of friends who are older then me.... And apparently I'm old enough that the government is actually sending me the status of my social security.
And I saw how little I earned each year of my life. I gotta tell you that's a sobering thing. The only good thing I saw there was that it looks like I was right to quit staples as while they don't report on 2004- I had gone DOWN in earning from 2002 to 2003- guess since I was part time I wasn't paying attention to end results.
Last weekend I hit a patch of depression as I realized that in May right before my birthday- will be the 20th anniversary of my high school graduation. And all I have to show for that 20 years- two pieces of papers say I be educated and about 30lbs.
On Friday, I got a letter from Social Security. At first I thought it was about W.'s trying to strong arm me to change Social Security and blogged that on Good Mourning ealier today. I deleted that rant after I spoke with a couple of friends who are older then me.... And apparently I'm old enough that the government is actually sending me the status of my social security.
And I saw how little I earned each year of my life. I gotta tell you that's a sobering thing. The only good thing I saw there was that it looks like I was right to quit staples as while they don't report on 2004- I had gone DOWN in earning from 2002 to 2003- guess since I was part time I wasn't paying attention to end results.


1 Comments:
At 3/08/2005 03:19:00 AM,
Unknown said…
We get our Social Security statements now too. Very dismal.
Post a Comment
<< Home