Messages in Bottles

Monday, March 07, 2005

What's News?

Kept forgetting to right this down...

Ealier this week I was having breakfast with a friend( think it was Wednesday or Thursday). The greasy spoon had CNN on. So we were watching CNN's version of 'morning news'. This is a News Network... So I was a bit surprised to see in a 5 min. peroid them chatting about the Michael Jackson trial and then have clips of Martha Stewart and talked about her release.

However what really blew my mind was the bottom feed. I like watching the bottom feed. Yes I think it was important for about 10 days in 2001 to have bottom feed... BUT to have a news network 24/7 AND a bottom feed seems sort of odd.

HOWEVER that said I found the bottom feed more interesting. SEE the bottom feed mentioned the fact that 1,499 Americans were killed Iraq. I think that was MUCH more interesting then if Jacko touched a kid in the wrong place. I felt that REALLY should've been the story.
Just like I feel EVERY nightly news should have casualty numbers.
Whenever W. has a press conference... he should be reminded of a casualty number. They could mix it up a bit... ask him different casualty statistics... Not just how many Iraqi dead? And how many Americans? But maybe- how many Americans dead due to friendly fire? How many people dead at Gitmo? When the last casualty was in Afghanistan?
You know- remind W. and his ilk of the death spread due to their 'staying the course"

Oh and the scrawl also mentioned( drum roll) terror alert.
Terror Alert Level

I don't think it's changed AT all since like 2003. But I do like posting them here. And this was a NEW one based on ATHF

2 Comments:

  • At 3/19/2005 02:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the aqua teen one, I have it on mine too hehehehehehehe-that was interesting, I like a scroll, it usually has better info than the talking head

    - carolyn

     
  • At 3/21/2005 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Yeah... I just think that it's funny that the good stuff is down below... like it's buried on page 20. I just find it ironic that you're watching tv but for the GOOD news you still have to read it.
    ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home