Messages in Bottles

Monday, February 28, 2005

Black History Month...

I'm sorry I kept mentioning to put a post or two this month about black history month... However I've been side tracked by a couple of interviews( neither which lead to a job), some crap at the game store.... and this stuff from EA.
I did realize that I thought it was 'odd' that in my Sims game I have two Africans- kid Storm and V. Storm( Storm is an African and to the best of my knowedge NOT an African American. Heck I'm not sure the legality of several of Chucker's students), meanwhile I created 6 non human colored Sims and have learnt that the non human skin colors will 'bred true'.
Oh and XS- I have XS in my game. And I figure Jenni is an African American

Anyway... In honor of Black History month- and to get it under the wire, since during Hannuka I put a list of Jewish superheroes... for Black History month I thought I'd throw in a link to the Black Superhero Museum. I was amazed to learn that Kirby had created Black Panther( who appeared as early as '66 in the F.F.) There isn't an entry for ALL the African American heroes, but most are listed. I found it interesting that for movies/tv it lists Numbah Five of Kids Next Door but not Static( though he's listed under Milestone).
There's also a wonderful gallery of comic images of black superheroes.

I also intend to write them tomorrow( though that's AFTER Black history month) as I didn't see the Captain Confederacy II from the Epic comic by Will Shetterly. So I'd that too to 'celebrate' black history in the U.S.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home