Messages in Bottles

Friday, February 25, 2005

Can O' Worms

Ok, I've been thinking abit about Carolyn saying that I was elitist. On the one hand( sorry C.) I wish to revel in it. I'm a blue state intelligent person who wants to YELL at the people who voted for W. for the next 3 years or so. I feel it's MY patriotic duty to stop W. from getting away with things, to remind people what a lying liar he is... and the double standard he applies to his friends vs. his enemies[ like how much fun would Fox have with Gannon if this happened during Clinton's time]

On the other hand, well I'd like to be liked. I wouldn't mind more people hanging out around here and chatting. So maybe if I kept my political stuff on Good Mourning America then maybe Carolyn and others who find me abrasive or elitist might stick around.

But then I think about my last post on Good Mourning- My Biggest Fear in '05 and I remember I think more about how W. is destroying this once great country then I do about anything else... and if this is suppose to be a place for ME then I should have a few rants here....

So I think, there's the bud of the problem... who's this blog for? Is it for me or is it for my 'readers'. Heck in my first post here I raised that question which is still unanswered.... "And, being an English major I wonder if the importance is our friends reading the messages or us bloggers writing them"
So I might try to switch things up here and balance some non political posts here.. but not sure.. See I'm unemployed so I don't have any cool life stories like evan does. So not sure if things will change here or if I want to change things here- esp. as balance might mean more posts about my Sims 2 families ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 3/19/2005 02:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey drewish!! I hope you got my note or you might be wondering why is that girl so slow (choose your own preferred definition hehehehehehehehehe)


    but I finally had time to post a few little ones back, I can go quicker because I have indeed all ready read the posts, just a little too egotistical to take the time and mention it at *that* time;-D


    you don't have to worry or apologize, and I never called you abrasive-you are right about the blog being for you-I was merely stating my opinion, which really only regards to me, as why I sometimes will read something yet not comment on it


    doesn't mean I haven't commented on it to myself hehehehehehehe-I just find that certain things mean more to certain people and if you are blunt or slightly differing, this brings out a well-inured reactionary reflex and they feel personally about it


    since "politics" is just so not my thing (I have never voted, but if I like ever had to, not an absolute, but my instinct would be to register republican-and that has nothing to do with the fact that say clinton is a pig hahahahahahahahahahaha) just that my views come from a less-educated and far more indifferent angle-I all ready know the world is screwed up and frankly, it don't matter who is prez of the US


    now I know this is neither very debatable nor ponder-worthy on it's own, but if you felt for any reason taken aback or that *you* needed to rein yourself in or take great editorial license on your own blog, than I can def apologize for that

    and I have more to say but I am being paged-but I am glad I got to leave a few morsels and you can stop cursing me out under your breath-I hear you;-D
    - carolyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home