Messages in Bottles

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Meanwhile.... In the Hall of Justice

Ah, last week I was looking forward to the wedding of a friend this Saturday. You see he took the fact that 6 Flags opened up a Hall of Justice as a sign that he and the woman were to get hitched. He loves Batman. I mean he professionally dresses up as Batman for parties and has snuck money into very high quality Bat outfits. The thing that really got me ampped up for the wedding is I was in a toy store last week and I saw a FLASH HAT….
And believe you me, it wasn’t just any old Flash hat. It had the Yellow Wings on it… And by that I mean it didn’t have painted on wings but actually stuffed yellow fabric in the shape of wings… and on the back it said Six Flags. So I was psyched that I was going to a place that sold Flash HATS (even if god forbid they were only in kid sizes).

My enchantment of going to Six Flags has been dying the past few days as I’ve tried to figure out how the fuck I’m getting there. See the groom mentioned that there were buses to 6 Flags, but that would cost like $50 EACH. I talked to a “friend” on Sunday, as he’s going to perform the wedding. I knew the friend didn’t have a car BUT his female knew how to drive. I asked him if he could have her rent a car and I'd chip in money. He told me that she hadn’t driven in ages and they would think of something. I talked to him today and the something he thought of was to get a car driving friend to drive HIM and HER to the wedding…. He didn’t mention me, and told me that I should look to the bride and groom for a ride. This got me pissed as I’ve done sooo f’ing much for this guy and he leaves me scrambling for a ride.
So I talk to the groom. Seems him, the wife to be and her son were planning on taking the aforementioned bus. I rolled my eyes and pointed out that a rent a car would just make more sense however- HER credit card doesn’t work; and he doesn’t have a credit card or a valid driver’s license. About this point, I’m wondering about his SIGN- to get married at a place that nobody can get to without jumping through hoops. Worse it’s less then a week before the wedding and these details haven’t been taken care.
I went down to Avis and asked them a stupid question, but one that I’d feel stupider for not asking. Could we use HER driver’s license and MY credit card. The answer was, of course, no. Likewise a cash deposit didn’t seem to be acceptable in this day and age. Pity.

So I’m currently left with wondering if they can get her credit card fixed in like two days( and by fixed- I mean so they can put $300 on it as that’s what Avis wants)…. And should these two really be allowed to get married.
Oh and will the Flash hat be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home