Pope Death Watch.
On Friday I felt sick like a dawg. Mike from the game store called me and asked me if I could work Saturday( more on that in another post). I told him so long as I didn't have to work Friday night( as same guy usually does both) I'd be ok. I then told him that I had to get meds, so would show up at the store after that as CVS is only about 4 stores away from the game store.
I get there and allow mike to do errands while I feel bad on a chair there. A mutual friend then calls and tells me that Pope JP II is dead. I shrug, I point out that it doesn't really matter to ME who the pope is, as it's always going to be an old, senile, white dude with conservative values- that's the way the system is set up. This friend tries to tell me that Pope John Paul the 2nd was one of the good ones. I disagree, but rather then argue with him I noted that Mike was back and put Mike on the phone. Mike hates the catholic church with an intensity that only someone brought up catholic can hate the church. Mike argues with the caller a bit... and then gets two beers, one for me and one for him to 'celebrate'.
We then both talk abit while I take my advil and beer( and get peeved that I can't drive- because I felt a NEED to operate heavy machiery at this point ;-) ) and agree that John Paul double i wasn't a forward thinking leader.
I then took my leave... I had as usual, stayed longer then I had intentend but I had got a beer for my company and thus felt I should finish the beer there.
When I got home, I found out what you the reader prolly know already, that the pope was NOT dead. I turned into Fox News- as I felt they would surely be covering this... and they had a deathwatch for the pope, hence the title of this piece. Yes, they were running live for several hours( I kept checking back every 20 min. or so) just in CASE John Paul the second was to bite it... They wouldn't be at commercial.
I couldn't really watch this deathwatch because it was on Fox News... and so while they cared enough to carry this, at the same time I found it VASTLY ironic that they were saying that the pope was dying with DIGNITY. I wanted to scream, but didn't, that the reason John Paulie was dying with dignity was because no one was saying "hey, maybe if we hook him up to an iron lung?' Where was the 'culture of life' FORCING him to stay alive as long as medically possible??? In fact it should be noted that he wasn't even RUSHED to a hospital, he wanted to die in the Vatican and was allowed to by Jeb Bush and Tom DeLay.
I also thought it was interesting of them to try and spin the fact that they were doing a show to HONOR Jonnie Paul II and yet had to admit that JP2 was against the Iraqi war. They tried to back peddle it, hobbling together the fact that yes W. is full of faith but also has to take other factors into consideration and base his judgment on stuff OTHER then faith... which I thought was heavy words.
I also thought it was interesting that on Saturday, after his death, Fox pointed out that Pope JPII had dealt with so many issues like Aids, Gays and Women. I thought this was funny because JP 2 dealt with these issues the same way other popes would by steadfastly clinging to outmoded beliefs in the face of a changing world. The answer to AIDS is absinthe to the church, they are against the best form of AIDS protection because it's also a birth control( condoms). Gays=Evil, still by pope john paul II. A priest, according to the Catholic Church, has to give up sex... so what does it matter if he gives up man love or the love of a good woman? Worse although the holy cee stood FIRM on no gay priests, he allowed the pediophila priests to remain in the fold. There were in fact several news stories here in Boston, that the holy see treated the pediophiles better then the priests who WILLINGLY left the church to marry a WO-man. As for women, they still are at the bottom of the barrel.... Maybe Orthodox Jews treat women a bit worse( as women are forced to sit in a different section of the temple) but the pope still thinks that they are NOT equal to men and can't be priests... Or marry one.
The pope is dead. I don't think it's any more sorrowful then any old man's death, and perhaps a little less as I don't think he was a nice old man. I found Terri Schiavo's death ealier this week something more to mourn, because John Paul the second got to live a long life doing what he wanted- she didn't. He got to end it on HIS terms, she didn't. And no one questions whether John Paul the second will get to heaven... oh save for many of the victims of pedophilia priests who he allowed to remain priests and keep a 'culture of silence' alive.
(blogger spell check: it wanted to change deathwatch to deadheads)
I get there and allow mike to do errands while I feel bad on a chair there. A mutual friend then calls and tells me that Pope JP II is dead. I shrug, I point out that it doesn't really matter to ME who the pope is, as it's always going to be an old, senile, white dude with conservative values- that's the way the system is set up. This friend tries to tell me that Pope John Paul the 2nd was one of the good ones. I disagree, but rather then argue with him I noted that Mike was back and put Mike on the phone. Mike hates the catholic church with an intensity that only someone brought up catholic can hate the church. Mike argues with the caller a bit... and then gets two beers, one for me and one for him to 'celebrate'.
We then both talk abit while I take my advil and beer( and get peeved that I can't drive- because I felt a NEED to operate heavy machiery at this point ;-) ) and agree that John Paul double i wasn't a forward thinking leader.
I then took my leave... I had as usual, stayed longer then I had intentend but I had got a beer for my company and thus felt I should finish the beer there.
When I got home, I found out what you the reader prolly know already, that the pope was NOT dead. I turned into Fox News- as I felt they would surely be covering this... and they had a deathwatch for the pope, hence the title of this piece. Yes, they were running live for several hours( I kept checking back every 20 min. or so) just in CASE John Paul the second was to bite it... They wouldn't be at commercial.
I couldn't really watch this deathwatch because it was on Fox News... and so while they cared enough to carry this, at the same time I found it VASTLY ironic that they were saying that the pope was dying with DIGNITY. I wanted to scream, but didn't, that the reason John Paulie was dying with dignity was because no one was saying "hey, maybe if we hook him up to an iron lung?' Where was the 'culture of life' FORCING him to stay alive as long as medically possible??? In fact it should be noted that he wasn't even RUSHED to a hospital, he wanted to die in the Vatican and was allowed to by Jeb Bush and Tom DeLay.
I also thought it was interesting of them to try and spin the fact that they were doing a show to HONOR Jonnie Paul II and yet had to admit that JP2 was against the Iraqi war. They tried to back peddle it, hobbling together the fact that yes W. is full of faith but also has to take other factors into consideration and base his judgment on stuff OTHER then faith... which I thought was heavy words.
I also thought it was interesting that on Saturday, after his death, Fox pointed out that Pope JPII had dealt with so many issues like Aids, Gays and Women. I thought this was funny because JP 2 dealt with these issues the same way other popes would by steadfastly clinging to outmoded beliefs in the face of a changing world. The answer to AIDS is absinthe to the church, they are against the best form of AIDS protection because it's also a birth control( condoms). Gays=Evil, still by pope john paul II. A priest, according to the Catholic Church, has to give up sex... so what does it matter if he gives up man love or the love of a good woman? Worse although the holy cee stood FIRM on no gay priests, he allowed the pediophila priests to remain in the fold. There were in fact several news stories here in Boston, that the holy see treated the pediophiles better then the priests who WILLINGLY left the church to marry a WO-man. As for women, they still are at the bottom of the barrel.... Maybe Orthodox Jews treat women a bit worse( as women are forced to sit in a different section of the temple) but the pope still thinks that they are NOT equal to men and can't be priests... Or marry one.
The pope is dead. I don't think it's any more sorrowful then any old man's death, and perhaps a little less as I don't think he was a nice old man. I found Terri Schiavo's death ealier this week something more to mourn, because John Paul the second got to live a long life doing what he wanted- she didn't. He got to end it on HIS terms, she didn't. And no one questions whether John Paul the second will get to heaven... oh save for many of the victims of pedophilia priests who he allowed to remain priests and keep a 'culture of silence' alive.
(blogger spell check: it wanted to change deathwatch to deadheads)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home